A day in Bellingham

It was technically 2 days since this is a combination of 2 separate days I visited Laina in Bellingham.


I never thought of the existence of Bellingham, a small town located about 1.5 hours drive from Seattle of Washington. Honestly, I didn't have much to expect from a small town like this, especially since it's mostly known as " the university town", which only has 1 big university: Western Washington University, basically the center and residence dorm of most people in town, including my friend, Laina. 

Turned out this town offers much more than what I looked forward to:

1. It has the best breakfast egg Benedict out of all the places I have been to, like the BEST OF THE BEST. Let's me present to you: The mount bakery cafe. I had some sort of Grilled portobello egg Benedict and holy moly, the hollandaise sauce is so creamy and tasty, it wasn't greasy, but... Idk what to say, it was so good and paired perfectly with the grilled portobello with swiss cheese ( I can't remember what cheese, but doesn't matter what cheese it is, the sauce has been a winner of the dish). Not only that, my SO's crepe and Laina's dish, which unfortunately looked as sad as someone just didn't bother to even put stuff on her dish, though both of them tasted also outstanding since it's the bakery so all their baked goods are made in house. I thought I was exaggerating myself on how good the egg Benedict was, couple hours later when we met Lauren, one of Laina's best friends, who Couldn't be so eager to meet me. Apparently, I was a mystery amongst Laina's friends ( except 1 or 2) :))))), since She kept talking abt me, but people still wondered if I was a real friend or just her imaginary creature :)). Anyway, when we were talking about how we were at the bakery for breakfast, she asked immediately if we had tried their egg Benedict because their egg Benedict are boom and the best she has also tried.  Little dance inside of Happiness. Not only that, this was the 2nd time I visited her, The first time she took us to Harris Avenue cafe, we did have a very good breakfast, I really enjoyed my grilled garlic with blue cheese omelet, and this breakfast actually set my goal of finding a good breakfast in Seattle and yet, I haven't seen a good one yet... Very sad Seattle, Very sad!

2. It is also a beer town, breweries everywhere in the town. 

3. Best Thai food ( I'm sorry, why there are so many " best", but really, why? ) on par with Sawasdee Thai food truck in Portland, except it is much closer. You wanna know how good it is? We ate there 2 times on 2 visits,  you do the math. 

4. it's a small town reminiscence of Portland, without the food trucks, obviously, I suggest you probably want to visit them on Saturday when they have Saturday farmer's market. A little visit to Whatcom falls park is a nice touch for your trip, and maybe stop at one of their popular breweries, or just like me, made a quick stop at their HUGE value village. 

5. Laina wanted to take me to see a famous Ivy heart but just in case you have searched online and wanted to go there just like us, it was demolished already. 😀

6. We stopped at a random vintage store, I didn't really know its name or the exact location, but man, this place has some really cool stuffs. ( I tried to find it on yelp but had no luck, sorry folks)

7. Thanks to Laina with her secret Twilight scenery spot, I just had the best twilight moment of my life without people surrounding. We luckily on the day that the sun got really bright red when it was coming down. According to her Instagram, it's somewhere on Blanchard mountain but you have to take like a " only locals know" route to get to the spot. I wasn't the one driving, and as you may know, the shotgun is only responsible for DJ music and talking, not for remembering the road, and it requires a pass for your car so again... sorry folks,but hey, you might be able to pinpoint it somewhere on the map from my photos I guess :)), or you know what, My friend Laina just bought her very first DSLR and her life style photos are amazing, follow her on Instagram and you'll see what I am saying: https://www.instagram.com/oxlainaxo/

There will be a TONS OF twilight photos on the mountain, forgive me but it was so beautiful and heartbreaking :)). 

Harris cafe, mine is the yummy basil pesto grilled garlic omelet with crumble cheeses :x









SO MY 2 COMPANIONS TRIED TO CONVINCED ME TO CLIMB DOWN THESE FALLS AFTER TELLING ME STORY OF HOW A FRIEND OF HERS FELL DOWN FROM THE ROCKS, GOT HIS HEAD HIT AND STILL OKAY. WTHELL MAN, I'M A F**** SMART COWARD :)), I WOULD JUST SIT HERE, ON THE ROCK, AND ENJOYED MY LIFE, NOT THAT CLIMB DOWN THERE, BE GLAMOROUS IN A MOMENT AND DIE AS DUMB ASS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE :)). 




Laina's artististic room.
My SO's crepe, so so good.


BUT THIS ONE RIGHT HERE, I HONESTLY CAN DIE OF HAPPINESS RIGHT NOW. FIND ME IN HEAVEN EATING THESE EGG BENEDICTS.

ALSO EATING  ON RICE PAD THAI TOO.


I have been a loyal fan of Memes since the 9gag time, I love meme so much that I put it in my final presentation for communication class :))).

also Marked 2 years since the last time I wore lens, still made my eyes teary, prolly give it 1 more try, otherwise bye bye contact lens forever :)).



Tried a popular coffee place in Bellingham, couldn't remember the name, good but not impressive :))

since this is my selfie, I should look the best among all :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))






























LOL LOL LOL :)). Who was the one get that many attentions from those hardcore photographers?
this one right here, sadly its wing was injured. 


Lauren, a very humble and funny girl. I swear She literally knows all people in town, stopping every minutes to have casual chit chat with almost every college young people in the night market. 


Bellingham Saturday's farmer market.


Fun fact of me: I can finish the whole big bag of " fair" type caramel popcorn in one time, can't stop once you put it in your mouth, has been my signature  talent  since I knew what caramel popcorn was😂, aka back to the time in VN, these types of popcorns are my childhood memory.





Apparently, 3 of us except Lauren didn't know Gelato is actually more creamier than normal ice cream, for a quite long time, we all thought Gelato was just like sorbet :)), though we sometimes ate it :))
Hello deer!






that's my head
















all thrifts except my shoes and the long life tote. 
....
FROM LAINA'S CAMERA.