Photo diary: the end and the beginning ( 1)


Going back to Viet Nam was fun, things had changed quite a lot in many aspects. Unlike the other 2 previous trips from Viet Nam back to Seattle, that joy of landing into this rainy city made me feel so happy. This time I felt suffocated. The gloominess of this city shadows my happiness. Ironically, it was not like I was having plenty of good times in Viet Nam, I was stressed, but I was surrounded by a different rhythm of life. I can't believe I would say it here but boy, I like the honkings from the mopeds everywhere, the dawn mornings walking to a market nearby my house for fresh groceries that were just harvested and rushed to the city for the early sells, the night of driving aimlessly around and for god's sake, the sounds of bullfrogs and crickets from the empty abandoned land nearby my house in the middle of my city ( it was even rare in the rural areas to hear those sounds). 
I miss home


Back to reality, not every moment will last forever. Solacing myself away from the quietness of Seattle, I took a bunch of photos in the last couple months, though as a pro procrastinator I never am able to at last update my " already time to retired blog". Good news: I'm back to the Instagram. Bad news: who even cares with the new Instagram algorithm?😂( my sarcasm is high)
So here is my photo timeline in the last couple months.

So, my flight back to Seattle was late at night from Da Nang and transited in Seoul, my master plan was to sleep like 2 hours in the first flight, take a tour, having fun at the airport, stayed up for the entire transit and pass out in the 2nd flight. Guess what, my body decided: " Oh hey, you have a superpower of staying awake", why not just glare at a random guy's screen for the whole 10 hours of this second flight. No pass out, no sleeping, and even more interesting, No fly anxiety as usual ( say what😳) . All I did was took an interest in this guy sitting 2 aisles away from me, wondering how the heck he could watch all these movies constantly for 10 hours ( I swear even during meal times). Now thinking back, I was actually a creeper. A mild interesting fact: this is the third time I flew back to Seattle with nobody in the middle seat. Another not fun fact: I decided to seat the aisle seat this time, and prolly this contributed to the failure of my master plan. 






Đen đá - a coffee shop in Da Nang, drinks are alright but highly recommended for their interior, very artistic.  Love it! (Gonna update photo of this place)

No need to caption this one, this is my eternal dearest loved one besides my parents 

My brother's girlfriend, one of the people who has a interesting personality that I've met so far. 
Korea transit tour, a way of killing time when you have 12 hours of transit time and no friends in Korea. 
ProTip: Go straight to the immigration customs and then head up to the transit tour desk in front of gate 8 I believe ( since the Korea transit tour website is going through maintenance now while I'm writing this =)) , this website might help you if you don't have any experiences in transiting), instead of going through another luggage checkpoint to meet up with transit tour desk inside the transit resting area for signing up.  I took the Seoul city tour 1 and It was okay, kind of boring and a little time crunch despite me skipping the meal time they offered. But it's free, So better than having nothing to do. 













Royal guard changing ceremonies. 






Insadong street. 















I love the shopping in Viet Nam, though I wouldn't say they were as cheap as they used to be but definitely cheaper and more variety than America. The only thing is you have to go browse in a couple of different stores in different locations, though most of the time, the clothing shops are located in the same street ( like in Sai Gon or Ha Noi), instead of just going to a mall/ downtown like America. In Da Nang, it is a Phan Chau Trinh street and Le Duan st. My favorite stores are A.P studio, Mon Amour, the okay ones are Salavi, lyn's, Guu ( they all have facebooks) and some shops on Phan Chau Trinh, Hoang Dieu ( theblues1994) and Le Duan.

 Got this in A.p Studio, but found the exact same one from YesStyle, Guangzhou quality, looking chic to me though. 

Donut's factory in Lynwood, Wa - a good old fashion donut place, adding their new twist Crobar ( croissant + donut). 













and Btw, I got a new lap and haven't gotten used to free hand-writting on the touchpad yet ( excuse)

Fall to Snow, wrong arrangement 


Seattle Snow on Christmas 😮😻🙏. 




















Christmas Morning. 













Alright. 

Also Alright




Red and Orange are my colors of this fall/winter. I need to take a shot to prove what I just said.
Sweater: HM
Visting my bestie Laina, who had just came back from her hiking and research in Nepal. Her story was amazing and shocking to me, mainly due to the outrageous hiking that she experienced and her amazing strength, I'm so proud of my girl. Featured in these photos is Mount bakery in Bellingham, the most delicious creamiest egg benedict I've had in my entire life.




Obviously, Ramen after Christmas tree cutting.


This year marked the first year I went to watch Christmas tree cutting, I didn't get one, just mainly for knowing what the Christmas tree cutting tradition is like and some, ya know, good oldie outfit photos. In case you question, I already owned the best Christmas tree: Daiso Christmass tree, very cost efficient and never dies. 😀

Free hot chocolate for everybody to relax after an exhausting choosing, taking down, and wrapping the trees.





Poor fellow!
                                                               Here is the main showtime :))






well, it is pretty cringy for me while editing these photos. Why on earth haven't I died yet from embarrassment from trying so hard to pose?
























Sweater: HM
Pants: Viet Nam =))



Very strange couple foggy days in Seattle





And then the sun shined back. 

Christmas Shopping, more like window Shopping.


















Seawolf's bakers, good croissant bakery, not as good as my usual Fuji or crumble flake. Their croissant brittles are really good, which is basically a thin croissant slice, dipped in caramel sauce and baked for the glorious heavenly crunchiness, it sounds so bad but why it tasted so good. :((

Dress: Handmade
HM Sweater From Hb