Kun's ilog: Spring, coffee, thriftshop and eating


So,  what is up with my week?




  • Bartell drugs has, apparently, shut down all the film processing lab, except 1. That means all the films of basically all people in Seattle, who reach out to Bartell drugs like me, are sent to this only one store. First, they shut down the one 5' walking from my home. Not long after that, they shut down the 15' walking away one, and then now, I gotta drag myself to this only one location ( 30' by bus) and was pretty happy with the result and timing of the film process. Yesterday, I came back to them with 3 new film rolls I have been taking over last couple weeks, was so exciting to see how they came out, they informed me it probably takes 3 weeks. WTH? MAN ? and then they changed back to 2 weeks, still WTH MAN? and then they said to make sure they've processed the film rolls, just gave them a call approx 2 weeks after. I'm like, still? WTH MAN? now you aren't even sure when they will be done? the last time I met a nice gentleman, who processed my film in just a couple hours, where did that man go? Did he get fired? 😩


  • I have been using my new camera for a while but, more than a month I think. It's a Fuji XT-2 recommended by my brother. All my friends hate it LOL. They demand the old camera back. I use the lens 35mm and now I feel so strange, probably switch to a different lens or either, have to force myself to love it. I think that's the same problem to all the folks out there who switched from Full-frame to cropped like me. Since the camera is cropped frame, it makes you look bigger, way bigger actually. I was pretty surprised when I first got a hand with it. So I brought this one to take photos for my friends, and all of them gone bat shit on me why they looked so fat, 😂, I meant, well, Idk, the Canon 5Dm2 was so fake ( or so real), you guys can chip in some money and buy me another full frame one like 5DmarkIII or IV for better look of you I guess 😑... Anyway, they decided to just use their phone instead ( longer legs, why not :)) ). So yeah that's how my story as an " Instagram photographer friend" ended up.  Anyway, I hated the camera at first, absolutely hated it. I was on the brink of returning it, but for some unexplained magical forces ( It was my brother, who kept insisting me to keep it. Yes, I'm an indecisive person), I decided it's actually a good option that currently matches all my requirements right now and it's better to get used it more than return it. I'm no longer need a professional camera, though I miss the feel of full frame sensor and the speed of that the new DSLRs offer LOL, and I know there are some full frame mirrorless cameras out there and probably some more coming in the future. For the time being, I only need good quality but light enough to travel. And with that reason, The more I use it now, the more I feel like it's actually a good-handy-quality photo camera. Especially the color quality, as people say that is the biggest strength from Fuji camera, I can firmly agree with that, it's something you don't have to worry about or have to edit the color. No matter which color options you choose. Though honestly, I wouldn't say I love or like it now, definitely better than Sony a6000, Olympus OMD, and some other mirrorless cameras I have tried on hand. I'll continue and keep on using it until I can give you a full review on the camera.  

For now, here are some of the photos I've accumulated in my phone for the last couple weeks

SPRING FLOWER COLLECTION
the jogger is... thrift baseball pants of 12 years old youngster  :))))).
Best white hoodie from Boohoo.
VIVACE COFFEE- MY BELOVED COFFEE PLACE,  GOTTA PUSH MYSELF TO MAKE THE LIST OF WHERE I LIKE TO TAKE A CUP OF COFFEE IN SEATTLE









bonne chance!

POO POO POINT   - CHICORY TRAIL -  THE NAME OF THIS PLACE MIGHT THROW YOU OFF A LITTLE BIT, SINCE YOU KNOW, IT'S " POO POO",  SOUNDS LIKE... POO* :)), BUT TRUST ME, THE VIEW AND THE SCENERY ARE WORTH YOUR CALF MUSCLES. HIGH ELEVATION AND MODERATE TRAIL, PRETTY STIFF.  SO HERE IS MY STORY: I'M A SLOW BEGINNER, WHICH MEANS WHEN PEOPLE START STRONG, I START LIKE A WEAKLING, MORE LIKE A TIRED COWARD, BUT ONCE PEOPLE GET TIRED, I USUALLY FLEW TO THE HIGHER UP AND REACH TO POINT EASILY,  THIS HAPPENED 99% DESPITE PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT, ( I GUESS ADRELINE KICKS IN WHEN I'M TOO TIRED) I NEVER CONFIRMED OR REALIZED  MYSELF THE FACT  UNTIL THIS TRAIL, ANOTHER THE FACT THAT THIS TRAIL ACTUALLY HELPED ME TO FACE TO FEAR OF GOING DOWN HILL AND AWKWARDLY ENOUGH, ENJOYED IT, THESE ARE ENOUGH REASONS FOR ME TO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TRAIL TO ALL TRAIL LOVERS)


When I began my thrift shop haul the last June, I got myself a good amount of soft corduroy, suede kinda materials shirts/jacket. They are all padded with silky fabric underneath, looking really both vintage, classic and hobo at the same time, this green one is one of them. The yellow one in Bellingham is another one, the red jacket above this post is also a team member of this thrift haul, and if you scroll down a little more, there will be a pink one waiting for you down there. Oh, Did I tell you I really love these Fabric materials? :))


Cedar, a good little coffee stall in an interior shop, my mild lactose intolerance stomach got a little bit upset with their milk though.

Besides Vivace, Victrola roaster is also a good place to grab a latte in Seattle. Most of the time, their espresso were tasty without having burned tastes. The only thing I don't like is how they charge your drink, more specifically, different staffs charged me different ways on the same drink... they need to work on that part of their staffs... so shady!




The sandals, when I first saw it, in a little corner of Bellingham Value village, I was thrilled, literally. I have been looking for the sandals with a minimalistic design like this, though I saw some online, their heels are still high for what I was looking for and then this one came up to me, waiting for me to say: I'm yours :))).

However, the story hadn't ended yet, my inner shopaholic still wished as if It was in black, then I couldn't complain anything. I meant I love these little blue ones so much, but I'm a full black lover when it comes to shoes. One month later, I found the exact same one, a little bit bigger, same design, same brand and in BLACK, in another small little corner of a value village. They are Madeline shoes, when I looked up the brand, it seemed like those shoes aren't the styles what they usually make or sell on their websites.  What Can I say more?
IT WAS MEANT TO BE. 

1. The butcher & the baker: brunch/breakfast spot in Seattle, might write a small review of this place later but honestly, I wouldn't recommend. The food was not something special or tasty,. The wait to get in was short, but to get food was as long as The Great Wall. The only good thing is the food was pretty Instagram aesthetic pleasant.
2. Mama's pizza: If you're Seattle residence, or at least living on Cap hill, you must know this place, if you don't, then you must be an alien. This is what I call a pizza glamorous hole. Cheap, NY style, delicious crunchy ( sometimes chewy Lmao) dough, tasty flavor pie ( especially the famous pesto). Bye folks, I go get one now. 


Nah nah, a coffee shop in Bellevue, I don't even bother to look up their name again :)). 



Another day at Morsel. 
when I told you, I like sneakily taking photos of well-dressing ladies, I wasn't joking. 



shoes: thrift
pants: Nosbyn ( Vietnamese brand)
Sweater: Uniqlo

Espadrilles: Asos

Call me a brand lover b*tch, but the feeling when you found an expensive thrift sweater is as good as randomly pick up some bucks on street :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).
Sweater: Thrift Raph Lauren ( I need to emphasize RL as my satisfaction successful thrift shop)


Fuji Bakery is my most favorite bakery in Seattle. They always have a good creative selection of the pastries, especially their coconut mango croissant and their matcha croissant roll ( only in the weekend) are like heavens god sent down to me, also their crunchy custard donut used to be my 2016 summer beloved breakfast :))).  My history for Fuji bakery go way back when I first tried them, you might probably saw the photo of their matcha roll somewhere in 2013 archives,  and it was mind-blow to me, the matcha is so flavorful and strong, but didn't overpower other elements of the matcha roll, and of course, they decided to discontinue the matcha roll???, this summer they brought the new back to me when they started making it again with some modifies in the recipes but sadly the new version doesn't have a wow factor anymore, it is still good but not like the old one, which was still one of the best pastries I've tried in my life ( along w the mentaiko bread in Japan).

I also need to make a list of Seattle Ramen through my eyes :))))))))))))))))), since they are already in this blog, Ladies, and gentlemen, let's me introduce your safest bet when you look for a good place of ramen in Seattle: Ooink. I myself have each preference at each ramen place in Seattle, to me, Ooink has the most delicious chasiu and eggs you can find, their broth and noodles are all made in house and also tasty. Stop by when you are in Seattle, plus it's a good meal for you after/before taking your little time to discover Capitol Hill.









This is what I was talking above, the pink version :)))))), though it suits me more as a shirt dress.