Cooking time - crab noodle

    Beside all the blogs about my daily life, outfits,etc... I had planned to do this post for such a long time but keep postponing this till now. If you follow my blog when it was new, you will realize i'm a food lover. However, when i was still in my country, i didn't cook a lot, i believe this happens to most overseas students Lol.I'm in kitchen more than last year since i was pretty new to Seattle when i first arrived here and literally wanted to try every food in Seattle. Btw, at the time i lived with my brother and we are really different in taste, i love salted food while he doesn't. I'm also lazy in washing dishes,so he is. That's why we went out a lot last year Hahahaha. Then i lived with a roommate, who loves cooking so much so that she cooked every single days. The only mission i got was eating and enjoying! Yes, i'm such a lazy cat ( i blame my laziness on  brother and the roommate). However, i'm pretty confident with my cooking skill, especially the foods like Pho, bun bo, bun rieu... You know why: because they can be storage for couple days and i don't need to re-cook ( lazy episode 2). Since i wanna save money this year, i gotta be in kitchen more. Okay, enough taking, the first dish i want to talk about is Bun rieu -  crab and pork noodle soup. My used to be morning breakfast on tuesday and thursday every week in Viet Nam. Although my version bun rieu doesn't look like bun rieu in Viet Nam, it still tastes ok though =_=.
   Since i'm not a professional chef  and have no idea how to measure ingredients, i suggest you guys should check out these two recipes. The first one has both vietnamese and english recipe, it's pretty easy and simple to follow. However, it would be more delicious if you combine the recipe from first video with the second one, which is more sophicated a little bit but i forsure it will make your dish more wonderful.

And now time for my showcase. These tips below i got from my experiences and friends.Whether You follow or not, but believe me it's gonna make your noodle tasty
1. Beside all the ingredients in recipes, i add minced shrimp into mixed of pork, eggs,shrimp/crab paste and keep shrimp heads for broth, which really increases flavor.
2. i also add crab cake ( don't really know how to call it, you can see it in photo 2,3). I got this tip from one of famous crab noodles in my city
2. People usually use either shrimp or crab paste. However, coincidentally i discovered that if you use both of the paste, it will be more delicious.
4. Stir shrimp heads with onion and tomatoes to get tasty broth.
5. Add vinegar while boiling noodle to keep white. Drain noodle and wash with cold water right away ( i guess it's on package instruction, read it carefully :) )
Finally, Enjoy your dish~






Comments